isx12 cm2250 fuel pressure only builds if injector harness is disconnected
01-03-2021, (Subject: isx12 cm2250 fuel pressure only builds if injector harness is disconnected ) 
RE: isx12 cm2250 fuel pressure only builds if injector harness is disconnected
(01-02-2021 )num1enloe Wrote:  ...
if i were to do this programming myself (instead of joe shmo from http://www.hismomsbasement.-com lol if that's an actual website ima laugh) would you be willing to take a look at it? and let me know if i suck or am on the right track? or if you could point me in the right direction of a guide to follow?

Send over what you got and i will look at it and tell ya if it is ok.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: num1enloe
01-07-2021, (Subject: isx12 cm2250 fuel pressure only builds if injector harness is disconnected ) 
Finally got back to working on this truck. Pulled pump off pulled head from pump. I cant believe how fast I was to put them blinders on on this one

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
01-07-2021, (Subject: isx12 cm2250 fuel pressure only builds if injector harness is disconnected ) 
Oh no

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
01-08-2021, (Subject: isx12 cm2250 fuel pressure only builds if injector harness is disconnected ) 
unfortunately an all too familiar sight :(

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
01-08-2021, (Subject: isx12 cm2250 fuel pressure only builds if injector harness is disconnected ) 
Odds are in favour of the engine failing again (chewed up cam, gears, or crank, spun bearing, excess blo-by, etc) if it even survives this.

When mr. hag's shop gets one like that, even if the engine can be saved, it takes flushing the engine block at least 5 or 6 times with a mix of diesel fuel and oil +++ replacing all the crank,main bearings, replacing the oil cooler with a new one (you just cannot get the shavings out of it properly), and giving everything else a thorough inspection. -Even if it can be saved, that engine is going to have a short life before cam goes out, rockers start going bad, and all sorts of other issues.

Maybe he (mr. hag) can chime in and give some more detail if he gets a chance. He has had to try and save several of them when that pump fails.

BTW: That pump definitely was original .... still has the old ceramic style plungers in it and those type of plungers, the material that flakes off is severely destructive and almost impossible to get out of the engine, where it will continue to do damage even after all repairs and flush, etc.

Also, there are other concerns on the truck that were mentioned ... don't forget to go back thru this thread and take care the things I mentioned about the electrical system regarding the J1939 and such. As well, it needs a decent de-mandate program in it that is not destructive to boot. Thankfully it is a 2250 so you can do this part yourself (via the free version of africa-G overlay/program)... just send a copy of whatever your going to put in the ecm to me for review and update it to ensure what was done is safe and correct for it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-11-2021, (Subject: isx12 cm2250 fuel pressure only builds if injector harness is disconnected ) 
yeah the owner is one of them guys that gots more money than he knows what to do with. last truck he bought had an injector go bad and when we gave him our recommendation he just went and bought this one and told us its cheaper just to buy a different truck... he only used this one for a bout a month.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.