Rebuild
12-21-2020, (Subject: Rebuild ) 
RE: Rebuild
Did a block test like Mr. Waterloo recommended and i am not a fan of the results

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Not good... Check the air compressor, I'm not sure how it is done on the 2350, in regards to the piping and the exhaust side removal, someone can chime in on that.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(12-21-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Not good... Check the air compressor, I'm not sure how it is done on the 2350, in regards to the piping and the exhaust side removal, someone can chime in on that.
Check the air compressor for what?
replyreply
Exhaust gases leaking into your cooling system.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Do you mean the air compressor putting air into the cooling system?
replyreply
Yes, but more than likely it is a fretted liner, as you did the block test and it failed. The air compressor, if having issues will put air in, or pressurize your coolant system, which you are having issues with. Will there be exhaust gas in the compressor air? Doubtful, but something to rule out in regards to air pressure in the coolant system. I would at least check, and rule out more costs/expenses.

replyreply
(12-21-2020 )Smiling lemon Wrote:  Did a block test like Mr. Waterloo recommended and i am not a fan of the results

I have never trusted those liquid block leak test kits. They often give false positives... or don't detect anything at all.

- Only way to really tell if engine has liner or head gasket issues is to pull the oil pan off the engine and pressurize the coolant system over night to a full 20-psi and then the next day, turn engine by hand with a wrench while someone listens for gurgling form a cylinder and checking if there are droplets of coolant... or if there is any coolant pooled up anywhere on the bottom of engine somewhere.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
I may have false positive but i am not sure. The test stays blue in its bottle. I just did a control where i am in the cab(i washed out the tester and dryed it) the liquid is blue until i suck air trough it for a couple minutes then it turns green.

Is there a faster easier way that can be done at the truck stop or at the house? I do not have anything that i could keep 20 psi in the cooling system, or really any where i can drop that oil pan.
replyreply
The test liquid turned green within it's own bottle after being shaken
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.