ISX 871 SKIPPING
08-18-2021, (Subject: ISX 871 SKIPPING ) 
ISX 871 SKIPPING
2009 isx when I come to a stop it starts skipping not all the time. And not often. Truck runs and pulls fine. When this happ and I start to drive I see a puff of black smoke left behind me
replyreply
08-18-2021, (Subject: ISX 871 SKIPPING ) 
RE: ISX 871 SKIPPING
check for leaky injectors.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: earnies2
08-20-2021, (Subject: ISX 871 SKIPPING ) 
I might be imagining things but I added some HOWS with my last fill and the skipping is less and infrequent...
replyreply
08-25-2021, (Subject: ISX 871 SKIPPING ) 
Update I think I figured it out.
Ok hear is an update
I ran the last 2 days with the Jake off.
The violent skipping has stopped..so my Jake on 3 cylinders is a problem. Is that going to be the solenoid?
I still have an occasional skip at idle and when I accelerate I get a light puff of smoke wich leads me to belive i have a bad injector...
replyreply
09-19-2021, (Subject: ISX 871 SKIPPING ) 
Update again
I did bubble test with key only. It failed on both banks so I decided to do a 6 pack. I also noticed some oil at the plug for the Jake and some frayed insulation on the wiring harness. So I ordered 2 Jake solenoids and a new harness. Waiting on them to arive.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.