'12 ISX15 demandate woes...
10-08-2021, (Subject: '12 ISX15 demandate woes... ) 
RE: '12 ISX15 demandate woes...
(10-07-2021 )NDISX15 Wrote:  
(09-24-2021 )RollinCoal Wrote:  Send me a pm
Ill share a couple screen files that will show you the just of the tune

After being busy as all get out lately, and then getting the 'rona and being down almost a week....I have finally downloaded the cal, and have sent it off to Rawze just now for review. Either way I think I'll be looking for some custom tuning somewhere to get this motor adjusted a bit better for what the truck does.

RollinCoal - PM Sent, and much appreciated!

Rawze - Anxiously awaiting your thoughts and findings on the cal.....sorry for the big delay :/

It looks like a very early (and out of date) version of the 'Africa' overlay file was used to make this program. It is not particularly harmful in itself and should not risk engine failures... the program is not considered harmful like a of of de-mandates are. Things like engine mode, injection timing, fuel-air-mix, and other things are in place properly.

however...

It looks like someone tweaked it to try to make the DEF gauge work and left a bunch of the after-treatment systems turned on. this may lead to a potential derate art some point with no explanation as to why.. that need to be kept in mind.

Also it is desperate need of an update. there are better injection timing and other settings in the newer versions of this 'Africa' that are not in your program. Your truck would benefit from the update.

* The only real mistake that could potentially be harmful is that someone did not set the upper limit bounds for the turbo. This was not like this in the original Africa overlay file, not even in the out of date versions. Someone did this separately ... and it can allow the turbo to over-spool on occasion. It is risky at best.. I will give it the benefit of the doubt, but I would not have done such a risky thing to a $4,000+ turbo.

-- So .. This does not qualify as a 'Bad' delete particularly .. but there are things that can be improved with it. You are one of the few that occasionally come on here that have gotten lucky .. and is why I say that 95% of all files that i review are bad.. and not 100% of them.

This file can very easily be corrected and updated to the latest (Africa version 'J') by simply fixing one table in it and applying the newer version of the overlay on it. It is likely though that the DEF gauge in the dash of the vehicle will not function any more if it is currently working, as the overlay shuts off the after-treatment systems all the way to prevent any future ghost issues. it is also likely to have a slightly improved enigne performance too after the update. So

That is what I would recommend. That the file in your truck be simply updated to version 'J' plus the one table fixed, and not replaced completely.

I have already done this to the file you sent me .. it is a matter of how you want to go about getting the file back into your truck. Whoever helped you pull the file out for review .. should be able to sent the updated file back into the ECM as it is almost the same process. Just let me know who/where you want the updated file sent to in a PM message.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: NDISX15
10-08-2021, (Subject: '12 ISX15 demandate woes... ) 
Thats actually rather comforting to read! Thank you!

The def gauge has read empty but with no light on the gauge and no warnings on the dash to alert you that you're low/empty tho the tank was filled 2 days prior to the demandate decision being made and taking place. This would also explain i think the random super spooling I was getting from the turbo which the mechanic and boss was suspecting a possibly failing/sticking vgt but made no sense with zero turbo issues prior to demadating. Randomly with no rhyme or reason,, and i cant ever replicate it on demand that the vgt would close down significantly and the boost will randomly shoot up to 40+psi for 1-2 secs before opening back up and coming back to normal levels. This was a 100% new thing from demandating.

Honestly ever since the truck was returned back to me, the engine had felt like it was locked in a constant derate....like it was locked in chi 4 to kill the egr but never had anything added to counter the derate fueling table with that state.

Will the new africa j overlay add an upper limit bound to the turbo to keep it from over spinning/boosting? What table was out of whack that needed to be updated?

Edit: PM sent.
replyreply
10-09-2021, (Subject: '12 ISX15 demandate woes... ) 
My DEF gauge was made to read empty with light on with my DEF Tank full I didn’t want to cause permanent damage by breaking light or positioning gauge to read full so it’s still lit up on E but there’s no Beeping that was fixed with update and I emptied my DEF fluid there’s a Drain plug on the bottom of my DEF tank it was super easy and I also pulled DEF dozer to drain line because I didn’t want my DEF to cause issues with my entire system and lines Because the System will No Longer HEAT the DEF tank so it can freeze and expand breaking the DEF Tank ( owner’s manual says to never leave FULL DEF tank in winter ) so I figured better safe than sorry I didn’t want that fluid going bad and causing issues in the future
replyreply
 Thanks given by: NDISX15
10-10-2021, (Subject: '12 ISX15 demandate woes... ) 
(10-09-2021 )GhostHauling Wrote:  My DEF gauge was made to read empty with light on with my DEF Tank full I didn’t want to cause permanent damage by breaking light or positioning gauge to read full so it’s still lit up on E but there’s no Beeping that was fixed with update and I emptied my DEF fluid there’s a Drain plug on the bottom of my DEF tank it was super easy and I also pulled DEF dozer to drain line because I didn’t want my DEF to cause issues with my entire system and lines Because the System will No Longer HEAT the DEF tank so it can freeze and expand breaking the DEF Tank ( owner’s manual says to never leave FULL DEF tank in winter ) so I figured better safe than sorry I didn’t want that fluid going bad and causing issues in the future

I honestly didn't think anything of the def heaters and the def freezing.....tho the truck does sit out always in sub zero temps and never blown the tank out before....I have no need to keep it full so I may drain out the majority of it.
replyreply
If I were you I would take the gauge apart and make it read full all the time. No reason to make the wrong person suspicious.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(10-10-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  If I were you I would take the gauge apart and make it read full all the time. No reason to make the wrong person suspicious.

Also a valid point. I may very well do this.
replyreply
Reflashed the updated calibration into my truck today.....doing the 30 min RAM reload right now, I'll find out in the AM how much of a difference this will make. Still interested in the idea of a custom tune to try and get this truck down the road a lil easier......but if this file feels good enough I might just leave it.
replyreply
10-12-2021, (Subject: '12 ISX15 demandate woes... ) 
So far definitely an improvement, and putting the upper limit back on the turbo table has so far kept the turbo from spooling to 40+ psi at random times on takes offs or shifts. Feels like her old self.....still slow as all get out and can't hardly pull a hill but at least can flat land 18th and stay in the high side of the gearbox again.

Thanks rawze!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.