From another forum...
09-24-2021, (Subject: From another forum... ) 
From another forum...
This is from a 2018 X 15 With 176,000 miles

What caused that? Turbo failure?

We are not even sure at this point. We towed the truck here Were told it was overheating. It had a misfire code for a injector. And it had a hole in the flex pipe after the turbo. It ran fine once we unhooked the exhaust. So I can’t believe the engine doesn’t shut down before this happened but it may have been a combination of things. I wish we could get a better story on the truck. Supposedly it had a problem And was at the dealer for three weeks and they said they can’t find anything wrong

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202109/post_3355_1632540826_7a10b75d7749e7ef8dc96feb1ed51890.jpg./uploads/202109/post_3355_1632540841_febb9063b8bdf818507a01c53080d01b.jpg
replyreply
09-25-2021, (Subject: From another forum... ) 
RE: From another forum...
looks like leaking Doser injector to me.

Fuel accumulating in the unit and then igniting when the truck hits a hard pull.

that or oil from turbo slobber, or leaking valve guide seals accumulating then igniting.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Pyro gauge would have given the driver more than enough warning that something was wrong. To bad most guys don't install them.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Most newer trucks come standard with a Pyro gauge. They read the pre DOC temperature. If not it is a programmable parameter on the chassis side and/or simply buying a gauge, heck even that fancy Pukedits screen will show you ecm data related to it. (Not endorsing their garbage engine destroying software btw)
replyreply
(09-25-2021 )marek4792 Wrote:  Most newer trucks come standard with a Pyro gauge. They read the pre DOC temperature.

None of the new trucks I've bought have come with one and I can't think of a new truck I've seen that has one from the factory.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
I must be the lucky one then, in a Volvo of all trucks..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , JMBT
10-11-2023, (Subject: From another forum... ) 
(09-25-2021 )marek4792 Wrote:  I must be the lucky one then, in a Volvo of all trucks..

Every red ISX engine that I have seen so far, ... the exhaust temp data from the engine ecm is totally estimated, and not actually measured. It is also highly inaccurate, prone to spiking between gear shifts erroneously, and mostly useless.

So if you have a factory EGT gauge in the dash, it is more likely to be either the truck makers gauge and sensor .. or a gauge reading the garbage EGT estimation signal from the ecm?.

Either way, it makes someone question its actual source of input.

What is your engine ser#? .. and what program is in the engine?. ... Maybe a pic of the EGT sensor itself that would be located right after the turbo?? and mounted next to the engine out NOx sensor?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-11-2023, (Subject: From another forum... ) 
(09-24-2021 )eggtrucks Wrote:  This is from a 2018 X 15 With 176,000 miles

What caused that? Turbo failure?

We are not even sure at this point. We towed the truck here Were told it was overheating. It had a misfire code for a injector. And it had a hole in the flex pipe after the turbo. It ran fine once we unhooked the exhaust. So I can’t believe the engine doesn’t shut down before this happened but it may have been a combination of things. I wish we could get a better story on the truck. Supposedly it had a problem And was at the dealer for three weeks and they said they can’t find anything wrong

Does this engine idle a lot? higher RPM idle?

There's a TSB out from Cummins in spring 2022 about trucks melting the aftertreatment modules, Cummins recommends an 800-900RPM idle now. This is in direct contradiction to the everything else they have stating a high idle of 1400. We saw a few exactly like that last fall. I will look up the TSB number.
replyreply
10-13-2023, (Subject: From another forum... ) 
Volvos with red motors actually use a temp sensor, marked as temp 1, in the DOC/DPF can… or at least they did on CM2250’s

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.