CAC question...
01-01-2022, (Subject: CAC question... ) 
CAC question...
What mileage or time are you all seeing out of a CAC? I'm know it's a loaded question with many variables involved, but for simplicity sake, what are you maintenance oriented and over the road guys typically seeing out of the CAC?

I'm asking because with my end-of-year 2 weeks off, I performed my 250k maintenance and tested the cooler. It held 20-25psi and had no leaks I could find with soapy water anywhere. This (I'm assuming) is the original Cascadia cac. It now has just over 640k. There is no turbo slobber so the inlet and outlet are very clean. Minus maybe some bent fins from interstate debris, would there be any reason it would lose efficiency with age /or mileage? Other than a leak, would there be any reason to look into a replacement?
replyreply
RE: CAC question...
I personally wouldn't unless you've found a leak or a place where it's close to rubbing through, you're looking to dump end of year funds, the dealer has stupid 6-mo lead times, etc. If you're still doing your local/regional work, a leaking CAC, isn't mission disabling.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
The general rule of thumb on the CAC itself, is that if it leaks down more than 10 psi in one minute, then it needs replacing.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
01-02-2022, (Subject: CAC question... ) 
(01-01-2022 )Moose Wrote:  I personally wouldn't unless you've found a leak or a place where it's close to rubbing through, you're looking to dump end of year funds, the dealer has stupid 6-mo lead times, etc....

Lead times on so many things are unreal right now....getting Rotella is def one of those issues as of now. I had purchased a couple changes worth of oil awhile back, but that supply is rapidly depleting.

(01-01-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  The general rule of thumb on the CAC itself, is that if it leaks down more than 10 psi in one minute, then it needs replacing.

So far so good on the leaks. I was actually pleasantly surprised it didn't have any with the miles it has on it. Like Moose mentioned, I was thinking maybe there would have been a light rub through or maybe a couple issues from road debris somewhere. Even though the truck stays mainly highway, the farms I go to have some rough areas no matter how slow you go. I'm sure there's plenty enough twisting going on which could cause issues over time.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.