free play in injector spacer
05-10-2022, (Subject: free play in injector spacer ) 
free play in injector spacer
Hi guys, I removed my cover today to inspect camshafts. They looked good, but in couple places I find brownish spots. What concerned me is one of the injector shaft rocker spacer is moving kind of freely. I cranked engine and while other spacers are evenly covered in oil, this one is kind of lubricating good until lower part. I pressed on it to put it tighter against injector rocker arm and then oil started to flow from top part too. What needs to be changed? Miles on engine around 650,000. Cm 871. Thanks

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
05-10-2022, (Subject: free play in injector spacer ) 
RE: free play in injector spacer
that is only a spacer ring. It does not matter if it is not tight to the shaft, etc. ... and they should have a bit of free-play in them depending on the position of the rocker.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-11-2022, (Subject: free play in injector spacer ) 
RE: free play in injector spacer
(05-10-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  that is only a spacer ring. It does not matter if it is not tight to the shaft, etc. ... and they should have a bit of free-play in them depending on the position of the rocker.

Thank you very much Rawze! I wasn't sure what to do about this.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.