Grease
05-19-2022, (Subject: Grease ) 
Grease
So i have researched a ton on semi truck grease and most recommend a moly grease but some say not on bearings. I have also read a lot on thickener and some can be a problem. Whats brand do you recommend and as a whole are you all using moly on everything?
replyreply
RE: Grease
I used moly grease for a while, I didn't like it because it dries up to fast, in other words not enough tack and the joint becomes dry. I use valvoline crimson on everything now. It's excellent grease.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
here is what I do.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid54914

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
05-21-2022, (Subject: Grease ) 
So the CV-2 Synthetic Grease that is on the link appears to be a calcium based thickener most likely sulfonate or complex and is not compatible with the lithium style thickener. Anyone worried or had a problem with it?
replyreply
(05-21-2022 )Robdean26 Wrote:  So the CV-2 Synthetic Grease that is on the link appears to be a calcium based thickener most likely sulfonate or complex and is not compatible with the lithium style thickener. Anyone worried or had a problem with it?

I have never had an issue with the red-line, but then again, I do not mix grease types. I use one or the other in different joints.

Also, unlike in a car where someone greases something and forgets about it for the next 10 years ... if you are greasing the vehicle regularly (at each oil change) like recommended, the grease in the joint will always be somewhat fresh.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I use moly on the drivetrain and crimson on everything else
replyreply
I’ve used Fleet Pride red hi temp #2 grease right along because I get an excellent price on it. I just had my original king pins done at 1,280,000, as well as the tie rod. I can’t complain. I grease every 7-8,000 miles.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.