Scan tool for, reader, eraser, forced regen and derate?
05-24-2022, (Subject: Scan tool for, reader, eraser, forced regen and derate? ) 
Scan tool for, reader, eraser, forced regen and derate?
Hey guys, trying to find a multitool to scar, erase, regen and derate. I searched and found good info but the link for the ebay unit does not function. What are you guus using? Ive downloaded insight. I have a few laptops to choose from to make a dedicated work computer. Just need the reader.
replyreply
RE: Scan tool for, reader, eraser, forced regen and derate?
Insite is the only one you want for Cummins. Can't speak for other makes.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ElJay90
hardware...
A laptop and an inline-5 or inline-6 datalink adapter kit from flea-bay or obd2.com etc... is they way to go for cummins. In all the years I have been helping others, that is all I have ever used no matter what were doing to the engine.

./uploads/202205/post_2_1653397972_87b68eb3a59b52b25af88b7967596f7c.png

As far as software to go with that hardware, 'Insite' is the way to go. Some1 can buy the insite from the red engine maker or it can be had in dark places on the interwebs for f$ree. It will do all the stuffs someone wants towards checking faults, clearing them, etc.. Also can calibrate the turbo, put in injector codes, Monitor most sensors live, checking things, testing things, recording data, etc. .. and if someone wants to get brave and get into all the engineering side of it like custom programming, copying the ecm program in and out of the engine, etc... then the 'Calterm' software is needed... and again, it can be had in dark places on the interwebs for f$ree.

This is not a software trading site, so sharing that stuffs publicly is not allowed... but what people do in PM messaging with each other, I really don't care unless someone complains.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ElJay90
Perfect! Gonna order the hardware. What's the difference between 5 and 6 link? By chance, any one have this software or theyd like to point me in the right direction via pm
replyreply
I just use Insite. works for me.

User's Signature: my wisdom is small. my heart is big. my love for trucking is somewhere in between.
replyreply
05-29-2022, (Subject: Scan tool for, reader, eraser, forced regen and derate? ) 
Do the {part of post removed} copies of Insite come with Cummins Fault Viewer? It is a seperate program but comes with subscription Insite. Reads most all other fault codes on the truck. {part of post removed} program called Diesel Explorer that also does a good job pulling codes. It should work with your inline adapter.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.