fuel pump update x15
07-01-2022, (Subject: fuel pump update x15 ) 
RE: fuel pump update x15
(07-01-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(07-01-2022 )Konstantin Wrote:  ''

(the beer talkin')...

make a separate controller and install an electronic VG turbo (newer 400-series) and it may beat the 871. .. but you still have to contend with any junky replacement parts.
So, it is vgt turbo that is making such a big difference? Is there anything else important too? On old n14 fuel pump is really simple, but on my cm870 it is higher pressure with actuators and stuff. Is it better for mpg as well?
replyreply
07-01-2022, (Subject: fuel pump update x15 ) 
I think those old engines are pretty sloppy with the fuel control, which obviously means less MPG.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Konstantin
04-09-2023, (Subject: fuel pump update x15 ) 
(06-30-2022 )marek4792 Wrote:  For an X15? they have two heads/plungers completely different beast from the older single head style.

Marek4792, been a min since this thread but I recently just bought a 2018 LT with the x15 Efficiency series. Cruising through some info about rebuilding the pumps and came back across this thread. Aside from the line running to the top of the fuel pump head, the pump (on the efficiency series at least) looks to be very similar to the CM2350 for those interested.

Originally in this thread I believe it was hard to obtain the parts to update the X15 fuel pump. Maybe that was the higher series of engines? There's a TSB from a couple years back mentioning the roller part numbers needed when purchasing the short block service kits and the part number for that is the same as the older cm2350 (part #4359134). Again, this may only apply to the Efficiency Series and not the other 2 as my understanding is the pump are very different.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
04-17-2023, (Subject: fuel pump update x15 ) 
Marek4792, did you ever get to complete this service on your ending? Like mentioned in the previous post, I have the efficiency series which looks like the same pump as the CM2350. Wasn't sure which model X15 you had.

I have the part numbers for some of the rebuild, but I'm having trouble locating the actual sealing washer part numbers... I may just order everything that says 'sealing washer' on the parts breakdown on Quickserve. These would be the Banjo washers for the fuel lines which need to be removed in order to take the head off.

*Looks like Cummins Quickserve removed the damn breakdown graphic for the high-pressure pump. They now recommend to study the parts and order kits where needed (would be nice to have the diagram back for where the parts go).
replyreply
04-17-2023, (Subject: fuel pump update x15 ) 
I haven't. If anything comes up, I might end up replacing the pump outright.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
05-05-2023, (Subject: fuel pump update x15 ) 
Wanted to confirm with those who have the Efficiency Series X15, the parts to freshen the fuel pump are definitely the same as the CM2350. I just did the update to my X15 with 390k miles and I was very pleased to see that everything was in great shape. Parts were readily available. Below is the parts/quantities used for the pump refresh.

-3963990 – Sealing washer (x2)
-3963988 – Sealing washer (x2)
-2872513 – Head-gasket (x1)
-4359134 – Roller/Tappet (x2)

* Upon reassembly, torque headbolts to 50lb/ft.

Full procedure can be found on Quickserve.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM , Rawze , tree98

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.