OCI’s for trucks that rack up more hours than miles
07-27-2022, (Subject: OCI’s for trucks that rack up more hours than miles ) 
OCI’s for trucks that rack up more hours than miles
What would be a good hour OCI for hydrovac trucks that are racking up a bunch of hours on job sites but only drive from the shop to location maybe 60 miles each way 7 days a week?
replyreply
RE: OCI’s for trucks that rack up more hours than miles
I run pto trucks that get more hours than miles as well. I change oil at 200 hours.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
Supposedly the "gold standard" foe OCI is gallons of fuel used. The engine owners manual usually has that info. It will list OCI in miles (distance), hours, and fuel with intervals for each as well as type of service, highway, urban, severe etc. Most people will reduce those figures. Oil samples will help you fine tune that. There are several threads on here about OCI.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
07-28-2022, (Subject: OCI’s for trucks that rack up more hours than miles ) 
OCI (Oil Change Interval) by hours and/or fuel consumed...

Just crunching some ball-park ~numbers vs. what is recommended for other trucks ...

The proper thing to usually do would be to track average engine load is in Insite to see what typical load is on the engine after few weeks time then figure out where your engine fits in the list below ....

For heavy engine PTO loads (average engine load over a few weeks time = 45%+ or so) ...
Change oil for roughly every 1,800 gallons of fuel run thru the engine, or roughly every 180 run hours.

For typical engine PTO loads (average engine load over a few weeks time = 30% or so) ...
Change oil for roughly every 2,000 gallons of fuel run thru the engine, or roughly every 240 run hours.

For very light engine PTO loads (average engine load over a few weeks time = 20% or less) ...
Change oil for roughly every 3,300 gallons of fuel run thru the engine, or roughly every 460 run hours.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Redland1 , DVT873
08-02-2022, (Subject: OCI’s for trucks that rack up more hours than miles ) 
Thanks for the info guys.I relayed this info to my brother so he could get a better OCI on his small fleet of hydrovac trucks than what he was being told by his mechanics.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.