OTR performance vs Cummins in-line 5/6
08-11-2022, (Subject: OTR performance vs Cummins in-line 5/6 ) 
OTR performance vs Cummins in-line 5/6
Hey guys and girls. I'm torn between purchasing the otr performance tool which reads codes, removes/resets debates, shows vitals, performs forced regens etc. It runs $200 for the tool and $600 per yearly subscription. The cummins link runs about $200 but access is thousands! Is it really that much better to justify the price difference? Or should I get by with the otr performance?
replyreply
08-11-2022, (Subject: OTR performance vs Cummins in-line 5/6 ) 
RE: OTR performance vs Cummins in-line 5/6
cheeping out = regretting it later.

why not just get an Inline-6 adapter +kit for about $300 bucks or so (e-bay or obd2.com, etc.) and be done with it.. that after-market adapter you mention does not work well with some software like Claterm..., which is needed for some things.

besides that.. the damnned Insite and other red engine softwares are all over the internet for free if someone just looks in the right places for it. No subscriptions, etc. .. unless that is, you just want to give your moneys away for a subscription because it makes you feel better.

Personally I think the sftware and adapter should have come with the damnned engine.
===

I tried to go the legit route a long time ago.. I paid $3800+ for Jpro and its fancy adapter not knowing any better.. only to have to fight the laptop every time I booted it. It accused me of pirating the software even tho it was all legit... and I had to call their tech support about 3 time a week just to keep the software running. On top of that, I found out the hard way that I could not use the adapter with CT to pull copies of my files out of my engine!... I was pi#$$sied!. I got so fed up with it un-regestering itself every couple weeks, that I had to scower the internet and find the key-maker for the Jpro software just to keep the version that I PAID LEGITIMATELY FOR running.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-25-2022, (Subject: OTR performance vs Cummins in-line 5/6 ) 
RE: OTR performance vs Cummins in-line 5/6
Yeah I can imagine lol if be pissed as well. I did download and install insite. Also won an auction on eBay for a "like new" used inline 6 for 120 bucks. Beats the hell out of $800 and I get more functions for troubleshooting. Thank you rawze!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.