Turbo has died
09-15-2022, (Subject: Turbo has died ) 
RE: Turbo has died

replyreply
09-15-2022, (Subject: Turbo has died ) 
Yep, I'd say that's def a total failure lol.

- Only 300K? What do you think caused the issue? Not sure the type of hauling you do, but did it have many more hours than a typical highway truck? 300k seems really premature...
replyreply
09-16-2022, (Subject: Turbo has died ) 
I hope you realize there's chunks of metal on the bottom of your oil pan from that failure. You should have dropped the pan, got all that debris out and put in fresh oil. Your oil pump and bottom end are at risk for damage.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Andre_The_Giant
What’s tool is used to remove bubble from coolant? Should people do this whenever coolent is drained? is it just on the 871? Or 870 and 2350 etc too?

User's Signature: I may be cross eyed, but i don’t cross thread
replyreply
You will need a coolant vac kit. I use the one from Harbor fright and it does a good job.
replyreply
Kit https://www.harborfreight.com/cooling-sy...64985.html
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
^------ Yep, thats the one I just used when I replaced my water pump a couple weeks back. Worked great...just make sure you tighten that cap down completely or it won't pull a vacuum. If you haven't used one before, you'll be surprised how much easier this will make your refill. Plus this (if done properly) will eliminate any air issues you experienced before.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete
09-17-2022, (Subject: Turbo has died ) 
(09-15-2022 )74bassman Wrote:  The Shaft failed.There was about 300k on this turbo. Ill post a pic, when i remember how to attach the pic.

shaft failure is often associated with the turbine over-spooling due to CAC or other air related leaks or restrictions. Aftermarket CAC can do it too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , hhow55
09-21-2022, (Subject: Turbo has died ) 
The CAC has a 4 leaks places. It was a International CAC. Replaced
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.