Broken EGR cooler
09-21-2022, (Subject: Broken EGR cooler ) 
Broken EGR cooler
After smelling exhaust in my cab I searched around and discovered my EGR cooler is broken where the clamp for the bellows is. My engine is not de-mandated and I’m wondering if I can just leave it this way or block it off somehow. I’ve also recently noticed a loss in power when loaded on hills. Could this be part of that problem?
replyreply
RE: Broken EGR cooler
You can’t leave it that way, you can repair it or demandate it and block it off. Well I guess you can leave it that way but you won’t like the outcome
replyreply
If I block it off do I have to have the engine re-tuned ?
replyreply
(09-21-2022 )Hemiterry Wrote:  If I block it off do I have to have the engine re-tuned ?

first and foremost, if you block it off.. the YES... the engine needs a proper de-mandate program made for it.

your other option IS TO FIX IT AND STOP TRYING TO NICKEL AND DIME A $40,000 COMMERCIAL ENGINE!!!... THAT IS A PISS POOR WAY TO DO THINGS TO DRIVE IT AROUND LIKE THAT WITH IT BROKEN.. AND IT IS NOT ONLY EXTREMELY DANGEROUS FOR YOU.... BUT FOR THE MOTORI9NG PUBLIC AND A LAWSUIT FOR A FEW MILLIONS WHEN YOU FALL ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL FROM CARBON-MONIXED POISONING AND YOU SLAM INTO A CHURCH BUSS FULL OF KIDS!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.