Egr valve
12-19-2022, (Subject: Egr valve ) 
Egr valve
So i have had a low power issue for quite some time now no codes no derates just sluggish. I was just dealing with it as after several trips to different shops no one could tell me anything other than “ try changing your fuel filters” but about 2 months ago it started getting more and more noticeable and I’ve lost almost a mpg. I’ve done the egr tune up, and adjusted the overhead. While removing the egr cross over tube to check under the valvecover last week, i cold started the truck and noticed i had egr flow at any throttle position. Its my understanding that this should not be. Also my dpf has been sooting up much mor rapidly. As a test i turned key on let the egr valve go closed then disconnected the plug and drove for about 100 mi, response seemed better aside from the derate however my dpf cleaned itself out and stayed that way till i hooked the valve back up then went back to sooting up again. My very long winded question is Are there any tests i can do without insite as i dont have access to it. I dont want to shoot the parts cannon pff as the valve os not cheap. Any help is appreciated
This is a 2013 cm2350
replyreply
RE: Egr valve
If it's anything like testing or checking turbo position on c@lterm, you should be able to command the egr valve position and compare the flow or unbolt the egr valve and see if it is moving properly
replyreply
Buy insite and an inline adapter. Otherwise your just pissing against the wind with a bunch of guessing.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Fuel metering actuators? That is what it sounds like. You need to buy the Inline 6 reader, $250 all day on eBay.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
I would love to get the software but right now moneys tight. Been sitting on my hands so to speak for about the past month and a half. I have also checked the actuators visually when i pulled the pump head, springs not cracked plungers move freely and the pump cam looks good as well. When i had the egr valve off I plugged it in and it was moving freely thru its key on system checks. While driving it seems to have egr flow at all times no matter condition. Side note about the software has anyone rented a laptop from diesel laptops? I spoke with them and i can get a full setup running the texa software for $400 a month
replyreply
If you have a cummins engine you want cummins insite. You can use whatever you want for the rest of the truck but for the engine it's insite only.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(12-19-2022 )4MiraclesT Wrote:  ...

Side note about the software has anyone rented a laptop from diesel laptops? I spoke with them and i can get a full setup running the texa software for $400 a month

you don;t need to rent a damn laptop.. just buy a cheap win10 laptop somewhere for about 300 bucks and get an inline-6 adapter for about another $250 - 300,--ish.. and you done. The older ver. insite-7 (which will work for your truck) software is allover the interwebs for free + the keymakers for it, if ya know where to look.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-20-2022, (Subject: Egr valve ) 
Rawze nailed it. Cheap w10 laptop and a cheap inline 6 and you're set for the life of the truck. Insite for the engine and maybe an old version of j pro for the rest of the modules. J pro you'll be able to hook up into other models of trucks. Youll end up making your money back and then some having your own set up.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
01-01-2023, (Subject: Egr valve ) 
Ok so i got set up with insite and i hooked up to truck just at idle for now will be able to drive and monitor hopefully in the next day or so, but for now from a cold start i was getting a 16% egr valve command and as i gave it some throttle it increased to about 20% does this sound right? What else should i look at when i do get to drive? There were no codes and no derates
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.