heavy haul truck, that don't like heavy hauls!
01-08-2017, (Subject: heavy haul truck, that don't like heavy hauls! ) 
RE: heavy haul truck, that don't like heavy hauls!
(01-08-2017 )un_yun Wrote:  Thanks! I have checked all the intake piping with soapy water. Had a few leaks and fixed them. I soaped up the cac, but haven't pressure tested. I changed the delta-p and cleaned the pipes for it. I also changed exhaust back pressure switch. I will change the imap and intake temp asap. I run good boost and low egt's. I also changed all the actuators. Timing where leaking so I just did all 4. Yes I run a 7 axle, and weigh in at 45k empty. I do run a lot of the Appalachian mountains. Lifetime avg is 4.4 for this truck, which I think kinda sucks because it came from south FL. And only ran there. I have 4.33 rears and try to run about 62 to 65 at around 1600 to 1750. Again thanks for mentoring me any way you can!

Well with 4.33 rears if the previous driver(s) were like most and were running at 65 or greater that type of lifetime average doesn't surprise me. Also being a 4 axle tractor, it has also moved significant weight most of its life.

Do you have:
-A Quickserve.cummins.com account?
-An Inline datalink connector and a laptop with Insite?
If you don't have both of these, get them ASAP. The Quickserve account is free if you have less than 5 ESN's. This resource is a godsend.
You can buy a Chinese knockoff version of the cummins Inline on eBay. File sharing is not permitted on this site, but the guys here are fantastic and they will help you offsite to get it all setup. The preferred one is the Inline 5 with Insite 7.6.2
These two assets are the two most important things an ISX owner can have...next to an account on this site of course!

So let's get a detailed spec...
4.33 rears
What size tires?
What transmission?
I assume lift axle; is it dual tire full rated axle or wide base single?
List the make and model of your truck, the CPL and the software version (Calibration) that is in your engine. There are guys on here who will tell you if whoever bumped the power put the correct Cal file in.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower

Messages In This Thread
RE: heavy haul truck, that don't like heavy hauls! - Hammerhead - 01-08-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.