Pulling behind other trucks
01-11-2017, (Subject: Pulling behind other trucks ) 
RE: Pulling behind other trucks
aperently some guys have dyno tested with different boost levels, and on the dyno max torque was produced between 38 and 40 psi on the 2250, however with these cold frigid temps which can see below minus -30 Celsius up here in the great north strong and free, one has to moniter his boost because due to the nature of @m*m^2 tuning, cooler air will produce more boost, something to due with a certain vgt position at a certain rpm and trottle position vs mass flow calculation that stock Cals use, that's why some guys have to separate custom Cals with different turbo mapping, one for winter and one for summer, that's why a boost and pyro is so important when a guy does and tuning, my turbo is calabrated for warmer weather, so I keep boost in check with my right foot, however I would take rawzes advice and keep the boost lower to be on the safe side especially in cold weather, it is easy to get a viberation in cold weather when over boosting, (the cold air is so dense so it takes less boost to make the same torque) I believe the viberation is a symptom known as crank flex, defintlely not good for the engine as it can snap the crank, because it only is noticeable in cooler weather, I will say this, I have seen my Acert c15 do the same thing when it had a big boy tune with the variable valve timing disabled and making over 50 psi boost,
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pulling behind other trucks - Running rough - 01-11-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.