Pulling behind other trucks
01-12-2017, (Subject: Pulling behind other trucks ) 
RE: Pulling behind other trucks
(01-11-2017 )fargonaz Wrote:  ...
369/922 tune.

eh?

What program is in it? -- That would be a CL????? number for a cm2250.

Factory HP and torque rating on the dataplate?

or what is the ESN (Engine serial number)?

=====

In any event, factory programming is rather conservative and is more geared around keeping Mr. Epa happy than it is saving you any fuel or doing anything else half decent.

Factory programming will pool the turbo up to ridiculous high positions at idle to dilute the exhaust so it will pass emissions, and to heat the engine up faster on cold start. That results in a factory constant internal 25-30hp internal engine load, sucking 40% more fuel at idle than is necessary all the time and creates more internal engine wear than necessary to boot. Factory programming also creates a lot of excess soot, then throwing the soot back into the intake via the EGR circuits,.. making the oil blacker than hell, creating carbon packing issues in the engine constantly, clogging and plugging up all the engine sensors, soot-packing overhead cam oil galleries and piston rings, and lowering fuel mileage purposefully to stay in compliance ranges.

There are really not any decent factory programs for them, they aren't allowed to make them and still be in compliance. Instead, programming from the factory is geared more towards shortening the engines life through excess wear due to soot in the oil all the time, unnecessary internal engine load due to over-spooling turbochargers, and starving the engine of proper oxygen levels, proper final crank angles, fual air ratios, etc. to purposefully lower fuel mileage so that you can't accidentally make too high of a fuel mileage so that the oil companies will not complain about it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Running rough

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pulling behind other trucks - Rawze - 01-12-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.