cm870 needs a head (so I can get ahead)
01-31-2017, (Subject: cm870 needs a head (so I can get ahead) ) 
RE: cm870 needs a head (so I can get ahead)
Let me give a little more history on that "supposed" inframe when I bought the truck. It was a shop in Kansas that I would be more than willing to share the name in private (yep I read the terms on here lol). They rushed the job, and I was stupid at the time....my builder here reminded me just a few hours ago how that block had the WRONG liners, set FLAT...yeah FLAT in the block and how disgusted he was that I was done that way. A real miracle that I was able to get 108k out of it and excessive blowby being the only visible problem before he tore it down. The head wasn't reworked that we could tell (probably a good thing in hindsight) and same injectors.

I know now how lucky I am that Neal (that's my builder) actually gave a crap about doing the job right, setting the new and correct liners where they should be. He is a lot like you Rawze...can't stop checking the torque on something even after the third time of running through without feeling like maybe he missed something. He voiced a bad feeling about this last head....I didn't listen...my expensive mistake and I admit it.

I took the advice you guys gave so far and will pull the trigger on a new head rather than a reman.

User's Signature: I don't understand everything I know and the world is probably better off for it.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: cm870 needs a head (so I can get ahead) - Redpower870 - 01-31-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.