cummins isx injector
03-05-2017, (Subject: cummins isx injector ) 
RE: cummins isx injector
Unlike what that article says, You can measure what the static timing is at with the wedges too.

1) Let the engine cool to room temperature completely. MAKE SURE THE ENGINE IS COOLED OFF ALL THE WAY TO ROOM TEMPERATURE WHEN DOING THIS!. - Otherwise, the wedge will get stuck and become difficult to remove as the engine is cooling down.

2) Rotate engine to correct position and pin the crank.

3) Place this on the crank shaft damper and zero it out while applying slight clockwise pressure on barring device ...

./uploads/201703/post_2_1488718358_dea573b8437766b31648f189f4388811.jpg

4) remove the pin

5) insert the correct wedge and work engine gently back and fourth until it seats fully. The line scribed into the wedge will be even with the top of the head where they meet.

6) Move the crank gently and find the center of the backlash. See how far off it is on the angle gauge. If it is less than a degree then there is on way in hell that the engine is going to make black smoke enough to clog filters simply from timing error. It is not that sensitive. You can also use this to measure if the backlash in degrees is excessive too (intermediate gear out of alignment).

Lastly, do the same for the valve cam.

======

no need for expensive tool. No need to pull injectors and take things apart.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kalsandhu , Hammerhead , Texasdude74 , snailexpress , race7820000 , scottydogtruck , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: cummins isx injector - Rawze - 03-05-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.