specking a new truck
03-26-2017, (Subject: specking a new truck ) 
RE: specking a new truck
Brock the gearing suggestion is very interesting I normally run 3.90 or 4.11 but was trying to improve fuel milage and was going to the 18 speed to get the 14.4 low gear to compensate for the 3.70 we usually run a 13 speed or C model 10 speed that both have about 12.5 low gear. Does the air temp hear in San Diego help keep the emissions temps up ?
As far as mud goes its a 10,000$ fine to track mud on a street so there is no work when it rains and sometimes for a few days after, they fine the contractor not the trucker.The Goodyear G741 msd tire is very interesting I just looked it up it has 2/32 more tread depth, I currently run Yokohama LY053 drive tires and MY507 all position everywhere else the casings are the same and run well together when capped.The Hendrickson Primax is a similar designer to the ADZ and I like the design of both but ride quality is more important than a little more traction and I was lied to by Hendrickson when specking the HN462 suspension on a new truck, I ended up removing it and sent it off as metal scrap. The ride was brutal and it would get stuck very easy when unloaded so I won't buy from them unless the are the only choice.For HP both of the ratings are 1600 ft lb so a don't think the drive line will see the difference HP is achieved at higher rpm.
We do pull a pup trailer some of the time, I am actually building a super 10 and I did not mention that before, the truck will have a Watson Chalon 8K self steer drop Axel just ahead of the drive axels the spread on the tridum is 9 feet with that we are allowed 42500 the truck will pull a trailer but will be limited to a max GVW of 80K as a super pup or 56500 as a super 10
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: specking a new truck - arch_stanton - 03-26-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.