Detroit Radiator PowerMaxx CAC....
04-17-2017, (Subject: Detroit Radiator PowerMaxx CAC.... ) 
RE: Detroit Radiator PowerMaxx CAC....
I have no idea about their CAC's, but I have had experience with their rads.
I put a DR replacement rad in my truck a few years ago, the fit and finish pin alignment left a little to be desired. I had to oversize a few of the holes and make a 1" notch in the cage to make it fit. I wasn't too impressed with that, but when you've got non standard stuff, sometimes you have to make do.
After two years it had some small leaks so I pulled it apart to have it repaired. The rad shop called me the next day to come and look. Either they did a piss poor job building it, or they used crap solder on the cooling fins. They were separating from the core tubes. You could used a pair of needle nose pliers and pick an end of fins out and with barely a moderate yank, you could pull the fins out/off of the tubes. You could tell that in sections there was no solder contact. This would not have been a very efficient cooling system, and when I replaced it with a very high quality one I noticed a dramatic difference.
Fearing they have the same quality workmanship in their CAC's, I would avoid them.

This is just my opinion based on the quality of their radiator.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf , JMBT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Detroit Radiator PowerMaxx CAC.... - Hammerhead - 04-17-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.