Detroit Radiator PowerMaxx CAC....
04-18-2017, (Subject: Detroit Radiator PowerMaxx CAC.... ) 
RE: Detroit Radiator PowerMaxx CAC....
Waterloo: Already to late for that...I have the powermaxx model. Just wondering if it is going to mess up the demandate/tune I am thinking about doing.
I am definitely not saying aftermarket is the way to go. I have had my share of aftermarket crap that was "a direct OEM replacement", yeah right, after you cut, grind, and modify,...sure!
However OEM is not always the best quality either. I have, bought OEM parts that were crap too. Usually when I go pick up parts at the dealer I have to refuse at least one because of a defect. The last trip was a "new" tie rod whose ends leaked worse then the one I was planning to replace because the band around the boots had been crimped wrong at the factory. Most dealers will even tell you, about every 3rd "new" part is bad, and remans are worse.
Anyway, I replaced the original CAC with an OEM, it barely lasted a year, just long enough it had no warranty when it cracked. I saw the powermaxx had a 10yr prorated warranty, and jumped on it, as my arse was still a bit chapped on the OEM to give the dealer another $1100. That however was before I had decided to demandate/tune. Now wondering if I need to put it off until I can replace the CAC with another OEM???

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Detroit Radiator PowerMaxx CAC.... - JMBT - 04-18-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.