help with data link adapters and codes
06-15-2017, (Subject: help with data link adapters and codes ) 
help with data link adapters and codes
2014 Prostar CM2350 de-mandated couple years ago (is it the latest update Rawze?) Never a check engine light but yesterday shut off while driving and wouldn't restart. 2 times it would start and run only for a couple seconds. Similar to out of fuel. Code at time of shut down ENG SPN 40839 FMI 3. On trying to restart it got SPN 639-3 (J1939 data link), SPN 2000-9 (unknown component), ABS SID 231-2 (SAE J1939 data link), ABS SID 231-14 (SAE J1939 data link), SPN 639-14 (J1939 data link), and SPN 2000-19 (unknown component--bad networm data). Obviously some problem in the wiring. The codes were viewable on a program called VMS-PC which I use to monitor fuel economy and engine parameters. Similar I think to Cummins Road Relay. Towed it home.
Dug out both Nexiq and Chinese Inline 5 DLA neitber of which I have ever hooked up or used before. Can't get either to connect to ECM using Insite 7.6.2.240 SP5. (Same port laptop was hooked to BTW). Using the Nexiq sofware I can instantly locate the following modules. 11-Brakes-System Controller, 23-Instrument Cluster, 33-body Controller. As Inline tries to commect POWER light is on and CAN/J1939 and also J1708 lights flash. USB light appears not to be lighted. As Nexiq tries to connect POWER light is on. Actually both DLA POWER lights are on asbsoon as they are plugged in. Other frequent codes that started early June include SPN 40839-7, (unknown component) and 3981-2 (unknown component). Again, never a CEL except for random low coolant-Ive got a air bubble in the system. Am I not doing the DLAs properly or did I just find my problem?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
help with data link adapters and codes - Midland - 06-15-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.