help with data link adapters and codes
06-26-2017, (Subject: help with data link adapters and codes ) 
RE: help with data link adapters and codes
(06-25-2017 )Midland Wrote:  Yes, batteries, connections, two fuses at batteries to ECM. All the grounds I could find. All checked. Truck will crank like crazy. Once in a while it will start an run for a couple seconds. Dash display shows "electrical fault" after key on and all the "checks" take place. Maybe there are some grounds I don't know of.

couple simple checks...

See if it is building oil pressure on the gauge in the dash when cranking. - If it is then it is communicating and there is power to the ECM. If no, then it is not communicating and/or no power to the ecm. The oil pressure gauge in the dash uses the J1939 (Mr. Hag showed me that simple trick a while back/ thanks).

See if you can connect to the ECM via the "weahter-pack" 3-pin harness out at the engine. i uise this connector whenever I can't connect to the ECM via the dash. Works well as a second source for connecting. It is a separate engine network (J1939 #2) that only runs things like the turbo and egr valve. I have gotten into many ECM that way when the dash/truck communications have failed.

I pointed it out here a long time ago in this picture for the CM2250. CM2350 has same connector in almost same place...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...87#pid1087

====

You said it stumbles sometimes. Sounds like it is starving for fuel pressure or that the ECM has possibly gone bad?. - Typical symptoms of fuel starvation and/or an ECM going bad. - you need to get connected to that ECM and find out the fuel pressures while cranking.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Midland

Messages In This Thread
RE: help with data link adapters and codes - Rawze - 06-26-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.