Multiplex gauges
07-03-2017, (Subject: Multiplex gauges ) 
Multiplex gauges
So as I understand it, 2010 and newer models like my T2 have multiplex gauges, which communicate with a computer via encoded signals which are decoded and displayed by the appropriate gauge using a data line.

I also understand that if you communicate with the module, you can turn certain gauges on and off...and basically daisy chain the gauge wiring making adding certain gauges easy. Also makes it easy to move certain gauges around in the dash I suppose.

What I'm curious about is how to identify which sensors my truck is equipped with so I can add the appropriate gauges. I added aftermarket pyro and boost already.

I'm looking at adding f/r drive axle temp, oil temp, trans temp and possibly a fuel restriction gauge.

Can anyone send me some advice or guidance? My understanding is you have to have the appropriate software to connect and turn them on before they will plug in and work, and my truck didn't come with much as far as gauges go...

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Multiplex gauges - dhirocz - 07-03-2017
RE: Multiplex gauges - Nilao - 07-03-2017,
RE: Multiplex gauges - dhirocz - 07-03-2017,
RE: Multiplex gauges - kryten - 07-03-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.