Multiplex gauges
07-03-2017, (Subject: Multiplex gauges ) 
RE: Multiplex gauges
I bought a 2010 PB 386 former fleet truck in 11/14. It had 8 basic gauges.
I bought a used dash panel from Vander Haags online, with 11 more gauges and 5 switches, for $700.
I took 2 (amps and fuel restriction) out and put the Glowshift boost and temp gauges in. I ran an air line for the suspension gauge.
The oil temp, factory boost, and brake app just had to be enabled.
I added temp sensors to the rears and trans. You also need a jumper to go from the sensor to the plug in the harness. I think those had to be enabled also.
The program they use is Paccar ESA (electronic service agent ? ). You need a Nexiq or equivalent to connect to the cab controller module, through the ecm port. It won't work with the Cummins Inline 5.
Then you just have to know how to go about it.
The plugs for the temp sensors shouldn't be too hard to find. Except the trans temp. I searched for quite some time for that. Unilevers gave me a tip where to find it. it was actually on the left side near the frame rail in the area by the steering linkage. I found one where I expected to find it underneath for 'aux transmission' and figured it could just be switched in the computer, but no can do.
Anyway, I hope this big long story helps.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , Nostalgic , Andre_The_Giant

Messages In This Thread
Multiplex gauges - dhirocz - 07-03-2017,
RE: Multiplex gauges - Nilao - 07-03-2017,
RE: Multiplex gauges - Mrkentee - 07-03-2017
RE: Multiplex gauges - dhirocz - 07-03-2017,
RE: Multiplex gauges - kryten - 07-03-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.