Gallons of oil from blow by.
07-04-2017, (Subject: Gallons of oil from blow by. ) 
RE: Gallons of oil from blow by.
(07-04-2017 )Neflextrucking Wrote:  2011 intl prostar, isx15, 900k miles, tuned egr & dpf off.....all of a sudden I started to lose gallons(3-4) of oil from blow by tube. 1st thing Changed the crankcase filter(it was clogged up, and i admit its been a while since i changed it) and almost 800 miles driving back home, not a drop of oil. Once home, i open the hood and realise also the pipes from turbo to air charge cooler and air charge to intake side is leaking oil from clamps. I open them up and can feel fresh oil mostly on the air charge openings...and not so much(or maybe dried oil?) on the turbo itself.
I did read up some threads about blow by but still cannot find which direction I should take about finding the issue. Is it that the filter was way too clogged up that the pressure on the crankcase was pushing it out from the turbo?

P.s: I'm going to test Rawzes DIY blow by test, but in the mean time any advise is appreciated. Thank you!!
I am not an expert on your situation, but what i have learned on this forum, lead's me to believe you have a bad turbo seal, because your crankcase filter should have been changed. If you continue to drive your truck, you are in danger of having a runaway on your motor, then it will self destruct. Let's get your charge air cooler removed, and cleaned. The sooner the better!!

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gallons of oil from blow by. - hhow55 - 07-04-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.