@m*m^2 idling less than 1 gallon per hour
07-21-2017, (Subject: @m*m^2 idling less than 1 gallon per hour ) 
RE: @m*m^2 idling less than 1 gallon per hour
(07-03-2017 )dhirocz Wrote:  I'll be putting a new apu in my truck later this year. Im not doing it so much for the fuel savings but to cut my use and wear on the truck engine.

I will, however, still idle the truck if it's forcast under 15 deg F though. Even though you can get an Arctic apu... Which is really the same thing as a closed loop apu except it's plumbed into the engine coolant, which is what my truck currently has...I haven't really learned to trust it to keep my fuel from gelling. I worry about the fuel in the lines and the fuel filters, not so much what is in the tanks and engine.

I have a 2007 model year Tri-Pac with arctic kit, the case is all rotted out and looks like hell. But, mechanically she is pretty darn good. I have had her in below zero weather up here in MI and surrounding states and have not had any gelling issues. I do add a bit of winter additive, White Power Service at every other fill up when it gets that brutal, and have had no issues. One thing I would recommend is to stay away from the crap fuel the Pilot/FJ and Loves sells, the bio blend crap. You may as well pour water in your tanks.

If you run the South, and wind up in those gel temps with Southern fuel, than I would idle the motor and add a couple of gallons of additive! LOL! Been there and done that, I learnt my lesson!

I buy my Power Service by the case, off of the internet... Much cheaper that way. One case will last me two to three years. I do not use it that frequently, as I run up North and most fuel up here is well treated. And I stay away from the chain truck stops, stick with the mom and pops, much better fuel and little water.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

Messages In This Thread
RE: @m*m^2 idling less than 1 gallon per hour - Waterloo - 07-21-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.