New owner of KW T660 ISX15 CM2250
09-07-2017, (Subject: New owner of KW T660 ISX15 CM2250 ) 
RE: New owner of KW T660 ISX15 CM2250
Thanks again for the inputs and once again I agree with all of the feedback.
I can say this, I am a software engineer and I built, for example, {**Content removed by protection bot**} which is now owned by { ** name removed**} and I have a full-time job working for a global telecommunications company making a very good salary. Even at that I have spent most of my last 3 weekends in and under that truck replacing all filters, fluids, cleaning up the doser, the EGR valve, Delta-P, replaced the reservoir because the low level alarm was going off even when the tank was full, changed the IMAP sensor, and I did have a stealership (Rush Peterbilt) remove and bake the DPF and DOC but I negotiated a price of $420 to do the job and I have the receipts to prove it AND they did it same day. So sometimes for me it is better to have someone else do specialty work that I do not have the time, tools, experience or facility to do the work in - and I factor in that I have a day job already.
Today the Kenworth dealer called me and told me the EGR cooler is leaking but since I have an oil analysis that shows coolant in the oil then EGR was a possibility even though I used Rawze method to test it and I got no coolant in the catch pan. And it is true that I could replace it myself this weekend, and it might come to that yet. But I have a $500 deductible since the warranty is in its 1st 90 days, after that $250. If they agree to pay for the work tomorrow and the work is done by end of day Monday then for me the $500 is better than me spending $800 for the part and doing the work myself, but for me that is a call I can make based on factors like I have a good paying fultime job already.
However, If the warranty does not approve the work in the morning or the stealership cannot get the work done by EOD on Monday then I will likely do the work myself this weekend so I can get the truck back on the road - that is if hurricane IRMA does not take out 2 Florida datacenters owned by the company I work and for which I am partially responsible for disaster recovery efforts in that event.
I'll get my CDL permit in two weeks and I'll take a couple weeks off from my day job and spend some time in the seat as well.
Hopefully this buys me just a little respect from the group considering all I knew about trucking 4 weeks ago was that it hauls stuff from one place to another.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New owner of KW T660 ISX15 CM2250 - Longshot - 09-07-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.