CM 871 Injector Issue
09-09-2017, (Subject: CM 871 Injector Issue ) 
RE: CM 871 Injector Issue
Hammerhead's logic is sound advice...

*Perform an overhead adjustment. Also checking clearance for valves to the detent. after setting it (second half of this post ... http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...66#pid9466 )

* re-test with bubble test.

* Replace leaking injector(s) if they are still leaky and you have the head in proper adjustment.

* Do cylinder cut-out test again. If #3 is the only one failing, then swap injector to another cylinder and see if it follows injector.

If the cylinder fails repeatedly and just won't run right,.. and it does not follow the injector or anything else --- CYLINDER #3 IS LIKELY DONE FOR!!!. I have seen this for cylinder #2 many times, and #3 only a couple times but is still possible.

- If no matter what you do, only that cylinder keeps failing cut-out test, then is is loosing compression like Hammerhead said. I have seen this before. It can be the head/valves,.. but equally a broken oil ring or washed out liner / other issues too. If you have to pull the head, REPLACE IT if it is more than 450k miles old, but also,... You had better plan on an inframe just in case.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , trucklogger2 , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM 871 Injector Issue - Rawze - 09-09-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.