Please tell me I’m missing something, (vibe dampner)
09-27-2017, (Subject: Please tell me I’m missing something, (vibe dampner) ) 
RE: Please tell me I’m missing something, (vibe dampner)
When I did mine, I had to reach in blind and feel my way around the bolts from the driver's side after making some room. Took a good bit of time. Didn't help that it was rusted in place as well. Getting it off the first time was a huge PITA. Yeah, you can pretty much forget bottom and passenger side access.

If I had to do it over again, I'd pop off the bonnet and pull the front structure. It would take me less time, but now I've gotten pretty good at removing it without removing much else. Just remember, yours might be rusted on too, and the front structure being on while arguing with a frozen damper will be an aggrivating experience to deal with.

If you haven't done the front seal recently, now would be a good time. I did mine without the fancy puller, front structure in place. Again, not fun.

Front structure removal isn't too bad if you have a helper and your hardware isn't rusty. Mine was I replaced it with stainless. Drain your coolant into some buckets with a spout lid and pull it all off. Once you do it, you'll see how easy it really is. I thought it would have been harder but won't hesitate next time.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please tell me I’m missing something, (vibe dampner) - dhirocz - 09-27-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.