broke down need a shop
10-25-2017, (Subject: broke down need a shop ) 
RE: broke down need a shop
(10-25-2017 )Sasquatch Wrote:  while pulling a hill with a 40,000 load, it made an unusual squeal, and started loosing oil pressure, as I eased up and got up the hill to the off ramp the oil pressure was down to about 20psi, and was knocking, but boost pressure, coolant temp, and exhaust temp were all good. I limped it to the fuel stop on that exit, and shut it off. Checked oil and it wouldn't even touch the dip stick, it was about 3 gallons low by that time. ( I found that out later when towed to shop and we checked the level by adding oil.) but when I tried to turn over engine while still hit, it was very labored and would not hardly even turn. After cooking over night it did start up, after the mechanic made sure the turbo had not filled the air charger with oil. But at this point we haven't opened it the rest of the way. But it is knocking really bad, and the engine has no oil pressure even though there is oil now.,
3 gallons of oil have to go thru somewhere. Did you look underneath for oil leaks, drain some air from wet tank to make sure oil is not in air system?
Open the valve cover and oil pan to check.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: broke down need a shop - snailexpress - 10-25-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.