broke down need a shop
10-25-2017, (Subject: broke down need a shop ) 
RE: broke down need a shop
well guys the shop opened her up today and found that the #5 sleeve has a crack, the #5 rod bearing is spun, and the pin bushing is shot. They also said that either the can, or crank shaft has severe flaking going on. This engine supposedly had a total rebuild done last November, and has only been run for about 9 months. So the shop said he wasn't judging someone else's work, but to him it did not appear that the engine he was looking at had been rebuilt only a year ago. He also found that the serial number on my valve cover, no longer matches the serial number on my block, so it seems to me that my block was not rebuilt, but the previous shop swapped out my engine for some other engine... Without my knowledge.. So I would assume that perhaps the previous shop probably just installed a used engine that had been painted and perhaps it was an engine that already had this severe wear and damage hidden within it. Not sure, but I am very unhappy at this point, and not sure what I am going to do
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz

Messages In This Thread
RE: broke down need a shop - Sasquatch - 10-25-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.