Coolant spraying... What is going on?
10-26-2017, (Subject: Coolant spraying... What is going on? ) 
RE: Coolant spraying... What is going on?
(10-26-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(10-26-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  Yep, heater core... All makes sense now. Thanks Rawze, I will pull a vacuum on the system, I have the tools... And I have not driven the truck yet, she is not leaving the driveway until this is fixed. I tell ya, it does not take much to upset these trucks.

And you are correct, not all of the coolant went back in. Dumb ass mistake on my part, I should have figured this out by myself. But, that is how we learn and the reason for this site. ;-)

I have even seen where repair shops make that mistake and kill someones engine.

Worse case scenario, you can drive it somewhere if need be with the cap loose + a rag zip-tied over the neck to hold cap in place after it pukes out some coolant and the system settles. That is, as long as it shows a few inches or more above the bottom of the bottle.

I thought of that, driving without the cap, but figured it would be something simple and wait to hear from Rawze.com. Besides, everyone is 5 or 6 weeks out on appointments. I have the AirLift to pull a vacuum, just need a fitting for the radiator to fill from the bottom, I'll find what I need at Home Depot or the local ACE Hardware. I figure I will just change out the coolant and get her ready for winter. That old TriPac (2007 Model) of mine is a continual source of coolant loss, and I have a mishmash different coolant brands in the system over the past few months. The new TriPac is waiting for me at the ThermoKing Dealer, they can't fit me in until Dec 18th for the install. Lack of mechanics, can you believe that? LOL!

I'm about ready to quit trucking and go to mechanican school, seems like I do that as much or if not more than drive.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coolant spraying... What is going on? - Waterloo - 10-26-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.