Fuel pump actuator
12-23-2017, (Subject: Fuel pump actuator ) 
Fuel pump actuator
For anyone wondering the fuel pump actuator for the 2cyl and 3cyl pumps on the CM2250 & CM2350 is the same per Cummins. The new part number is 4307411 and it replaced 2872888.
I just replaced mine and it helped the problem I was having with measured fuel pressure deviation from commanded pressure and surging at idle. The truck was runnng fine even with a fluctuating 3000psi deviation between measured and commanded pressure. Even pulled great at 92,500 lbs gross. The only clue of the deviation was a surging sound at idle and while in cruise control. Was the repair necessary? I don’t know. But the new actuator seems to have fixed it for the time being. I now have about a 300psi deviation between minimum measured and maxium measured when the commanded is constant. Leakdown test looses 500psi in 60sec, on a CM2250 with 642K.

Also a side note, the actuator I replaced was brand new, NOT reman, and less then a year old.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2 , simon999 , Rawze , Running rough , Starlight , snailexpress , redbeard , Signature620 , Drybulktanker

Messages In This Thread
Fuel pump actuator - JMBT - 12-23-2017
RE: Fuel pump actuator - Rawze - 12-23-2017,
RE: Fuel pump actuator - JMBT - 12-25-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.