Opinions on Tool
04-01-2018, (Subject: Opinions on Tool ) 
RE: Opinions on Tool
Wow. I feel like I overdid it now!

I have a 3/4 torque wrench, socket set, 3 and 7 inch extension, hydraulic/pneumatic jack, rattle wrench, tire repair kit and spoon, 4 lb hammer and prybar, air hose to air up tire, 2 spare trailer hoses set up currently to provide compressed air for tools, can of ether to set beads, tire rack and a complete tire and wheel behind the cab. Even have a ratchet straps that keeps the tire from moving around in the rack, and if you have lug nuts that aren't as deep as some others, can be used on drive wheels to keep the socket on the nuts.

Paid for itself last year with two tire changes. Both loads still delivered on time because I was rolling within 30 minutes of the flat.

Also pisses off the truck stop when drivers see me swap a tire and ask me to help them because they we're waiting for 4 hours!

I also keep a stash of other tools to do more common tasks on the truck...brake adjustment and slack adjuster replacement, 3/4 wrench to cage chambers, extra wheel seals, brake hose, dot fittings, brake clean, milk crate with extra fluids, etc...

If you run duals, consider keeping your best steer tire next tire change and having it mounted on a spare wheel. In most cases, you can put it anywhere on the tractor to get moving temporarily.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod , Pd6cas2 , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
Opinions on Tool - Pd6cas2 - 04-01-2018,
RE: Opinions on Tool - Pd6cas2 - 04-01-2018,
RE: Opinions on Tool - Pd6cas2 - 04-01-2018,
RE: Opinions on Tool - Rawze - 04-01-2018,
RE: Opinions on Tool - dhirocz - 04-01-2018
RE: Opinions on Tool - Rawze - 04-03-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.