Exhaust manifold back pressure sensor tube
08-27-2018, (Subject: Exhaust manifold back pressure sensor tube ) 
RE: Exhaust manifold back pressure sensor tube
Ok, a little update here. I had a little time so i took of the rear section of the exhaust manifold assembly. Like everyone on here said, the joint seal was installed backwards. To top it off they slid the seal into the female section all the way towards the front of the assembly. This caused this gasket to completly not even make contact with the male section of the exhaust manifold.
Once i got the old one out of their I couldn’t believe that a cummins certified shop would be so ignorant on something so simple.

I did not buy the cummins tool to do this job. I ran over to home depot, got myself a 2 inch plastic pipe connector for 2 dollars and pressed the sesl in perfectly. Once I installed that rear section i had no leaks at all. Im going to assume the front section has the same problem. I also checked the bolts on the manifold and they where under torqued.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , marek4792 , Kid Rock , Hammerhead , Waterloo , Chamberpains , Roysbigtoys , Toolguy , JimT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exhaust manifold back pressure sensor tube - Old Driver - 08-27-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.