Cost for putting switching auto Transmission to manual
01-06-2019, (Subject: Cost for putting switching auto Transmission to manual ) 
RE: Cost for putting switching auto Transmission to manual
im sure this would be similar to a auto to manual swap in a f250-f350 which ive done a few of.

You would need a clutch pedal and linkage from a manual cascadia, most autos are technically a manual transmission with air actuated clutch and shifting system so if you didnt want to go straight into a new transmission you might be able to start by converting your auto to manual.

if the transmission is convertible i know some are. start with bell housings if they are different but you might be able to swap housings, and put in the manual parts for the clutch and then replace the air actuated shift system with a manual top housing

one thing about it though detroits DD12 or whatever its called is a decent transmission especially for fuel mileage.

don't get me wrong i love my 13sp but after driving an automatic prostar when i worked for MCT when it comes to being in cities like LA/Chicago/Minneapolis and other such crappy traffic areas i would probably love to still have an auto in those situations. plus for the the most part an automated transmission usually shifts at the right time every time when its taken care of.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cost for putting switching auto Transmission to manual - Lonestar10 - 01-06-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.