Cummins problems HELP!!!
01-18-2019, (Subject: Cummins problems HELP!!! ) 
RE: Cummins problems HELP!!!
Without knowing what's going on in the ecm tuning wise, here's a couple ideas too check look into.

Is the truck smoking on take off or gear changes? Check too see if the fuel temp sensor is plugged in or if buddy threw a resistor too trick the fuel temps for more power it just causes way too much fuel an shitty mpg an doesn't help anything in my opinion, the truck I bought a couple months ago had one hiding on it an it didn't help idle much. As your looking at the item the fuel temp sensor is on the left side at the bottom kinda behind the fuel filter.

You said the egr valve is unplugged have you tried plugging it back in? An what happens any check engine lights? I wonder if buddy was trying to unplug it while the valve was closed. In an attempt too get it in non egr gimp mode after reading some shitty info online. If that valve wasn't closed when unplugged it's still flowing an messing with everything idle an fueling going down the road, an will most definitely cause the truck too run like shi#t. If the egr valve was unplugged the egr temp sensor is probably unplugged as well.

There used too be a little filter/screen after the pre filter right before the lift pump that was known for plugging up an causing grief in earlier isx's, it was a brass fitting screwed right into the lift pump an the fuel line connected too it.

Do you use the lift pump too start the truck? Does it start fine with out it or just crank tell the lift pump is turned on? Have you tried driving the truck with the lift pump left on? I wonder if you've got a bad check valve in the ifsm or an air leak somewhere causing too loose prime.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cummins problems HELP!!! - ynot - 01-18-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.