Cummins problems HELP!!!
01-24-2019, (Subject: Cummins problems HELP!!! ) 
RE: Cummins problems HELP!!!
(01-23-2019 )MandBtrucking Wrote:  ...
they told me the bull gear??? ( I think that is what he called it the fuel pump that feeds the rail) was weak and I had cavitation in my fuel and i told them to replace it

A. there is no "rail" on a CM870 (or CM871). it is an IFSM --> https://youtu.be/MWiSwgcwIoc

B. If the gear-pump has problems, it would simply be low fuel pressure. Easily seen in insite by monitoring fuel pressure. 265~ish to 300~ish is normal pressures. If you suspect air getting into the fuel system then pressurize the fuel tanks to 10 psi and let it sit for several hours/check for leaks.

C. The proper method to test the fuel system, injectors and actuators is to...
-- Adjust the overhead valves to ensure the correct crush prtessures are on the injectors.
-- Do a injector leak test ... https://youtu.be/Wu_WN8BA-LA
-- Then perform a cylinder cut-out tests, running the entire engine on only one cylinder at a time ... https://open.lbry.com/@rawze:d/isx-injec...e-cm2250:e
After that, if you suspect worn out actuators -- TAKE THEM APART AND INSPECT THEM>>> http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...619#pid619

----- According to your post,.. I get the impression these guys you took your truck to are a complete bunch of poke-and-go-guess morons!. --- RUN LIKE HELL AWAY FORM THEM -- AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

==============
(01-23-2019 )MandBtrucking Wrote:  hook my lift pump back up to the computer because it needs to (flash)? And it wasn’t able to do that being hooked into a toggle switch and that could be affecting it as well..
A complete crock of horse-sh$it!. - Sure, you may have an active code in the ecm for the lift pump not being connected to it -- BUT IT HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER AT ALL to do with re-flashing the ecm, or updating the software in the enigne. the ECM would simply still have the code after the update/changes. -OR- did they say the lift pump itself has software in it? -- that would be an even bnigger crock of sh$it... it is nothing more than an electric motor/pump. Either way <-- LIES and MORE LIES and -- > a complete bunch of fu#$ktard morons!. --- RUN LIKE HELL AWAY FORM THEM -- AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

==============
(01-23-2019 )MandBtrucking Wrote:  they said I need new actuators timing and injector all four to the tone of $2500
^^^ Did they do all the steps mentioned above to determine this? TELL THE YOU WANT PICS AND/OR MEASUREMENTS OF THE EXCESSIVE WEAR IN THE ACTUATORS BEFORE YOU PAY THEM $$$$$ FOR NEW ONES!... -- I HIGHLY DOUBT THEY EVEN CHECKED THEM! <--- AGAIN --> a complete bunch of morons!. --- RUN LIKE HELL AWAY FORM THEM -- AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

==============
(01-23-2019 )MandBtrucking Wrote:  They also recommended their program to delete the egr in the ecm now they wanted $3500 for that now they really couldn’t tell me what all that would do other than better fuel mileage and no check engine light now I don’t really care about that. Now as he is telling me this once he brings the program up he tells me that my ecm is derated 25% for the
-- Sounds like they are trying to sell you one of those redneck hack-job internet-rambo deletes that repeatedly destroys engines and turbo's + trying to "upsell" you on a non-vg turbo and after-market manifolds -- THOSE ARE THE WORST OF THE WORST STYLE OF COMPLETE BUTCHER-JOB DELETES OUT THERE BY FAR!!!--- HORRIBLE CRAP WITH REPEATING ENGINE FAILURES + ALL KINDS OF OTHER PROBLEMS -- GETTING DUPED INTO SH#IT LIKE THAT IS LIKE DRIVING DOWN THE WRONG ROAD IN THE WRONG NEIGHBORHOOD AT 3:AM AND REGRETTING IT GREATLY -- AGAIN -->> a complete bunch of fu#$ktard morons!. --- RUN LIKE HELL AWAY FORM THEM -- AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

If you want it de-mandated correctly without all the hack-job butchering, get with Mommaburt, Unilevers, or Mr.Hag.

(01-23-2019 )MandBtrucking Wrote:  tells me that my ecm is derated 25% for the egr then he said that they did a combustion test and 15 pumps later it showed green so he is guessing I have a liner dropping and their program is probably going to help this along
THERE IS NO COMPUTER SOFTWARE OR TEST THAT CAN DETECT LINER ISSUES !!!-- WHAT A CROCK OF COMPLETE HORSE-S$IT ---->>> Pressure test the coolant system to see if you get rapid buildup on a test drive or during heavy engine braking. -- AND/OR-- Drop the pan and pressurize to 20-psi and let it sit over night -- THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE LINER ISSUES!. -->> a complete bunch of fu#$ktard morons!. --- RUN LIKE HELL AWAY FORM THEM -- AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

(01-23-2019 )MandBtrucking Wrote:  he said well it has to be drinking coolant because all the low water warnings saved in computer I

TEST IT PROPERLY --- STOP GUESSING AT IT LIKE A DUM,BARSSE!!!! -- TAT IS WHAT I WOULD HAVE YELLED AT THEM WHILE I WAS DRIVING AWAY AS FAST AS I COULD!

(01-23-2019 )MandBtrucking Wrote:  I think they was just trying to get money out of me
yup!

(01-23-2019 )MandBtrucking Wrote:  he told me no cause it makes the other one work that much harder I think he is full of shi#t on that deal...

AGAIN--- WHAT A CROCK OF sh$it... pull them apart --- DO THE PROPER TESTS ON THEM !! check them for excess step wear as mentioned above.

------------------------------------

I can only hope maybe you mis-understood these guys or something,.. Surely there is not a shop out there THAT F#KING BAD~!!! -- But then again--- I know of several that are this bad or worse yet. -- It is a complete damn shame that truck owners and drivers who don;t know any better get raped up the arsse by clowns like this and shops that are this twisted and crooked out there in our industry. -- Makes my stomach hurt thinking about it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cummins problems HELP!!! - Rawze - 01-24-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.