Battery Short randomly losing ECM power w/ign on
09-05-2019, (Subject: Battery Short randomly losing ECM power w/ign on ) 
RE: Battery Short randomly losing ECM power w/ign on
New developments! I will post a video (as soon as I figure out how) of what I’ve gotten the ecm to do after the engine is warm. Yesterday was mid 90s here in Va and now that I think about it the days that this thing wouldn’t start at all or would only for a few mins it was very hot like upper 90s.

After doing as uni suggested and flashing it back stock I decided to see if I could get it to remain in the “lost connection” state before taking for Cummins to hook it up their harness. I had to take it loose anyways so I decided to tap it against the engine after I ensured it shut off because it got hot.

It would cut out for a second after I tapped it (kinda hard) against the side of the engine, sometimes it would come back on, sometimes it stay off, and it would go on/off/on/off, or it would take me unplugging and replugging the 4 pin connector.

I decided to try my original ecm, it was not warm, and it took very little tapping force to make it cut out.

Just thought I would update, that’s all I’ve got for now, will know more tomorrow.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Battery Short randomly losing ECM power w/ign on - Gump12b - 09-05-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.