For the new guys, Winter is coming, Don't be a VICTIM!
10-10-2019, (Subject: For the new guys, Winter is coming, Don't be a VICTIM! ) 
RE: For the new guys, Winter is coming, Don't be a VICTIM!
Oh, air lines! Really inspect those, the ones off the back of the cab to the trailer! I just installed a new set, Freightliner has a really nice set, the rubber hoses and pig tail for $155. They come with the gland hands installed, just plug and play.

If yours are the plastic coiled ones, best to get rid of those things especially with winter coming. If it gets really cold, those things snap and will leave you stranded. Get the RUBBER hoses. 15 foot is what I use on my ProStar pulling a dry van. If you are pulling a flat and run the trailer back a bit, the 20 foot lines may be better, will depend upon your set up.

And speaking of air lines, you have around a half dozen or so under the truck, the brake airlines, those need to be inspected and if you are getting up there in mileage, they will need to be replaced. If you replace one, replace them all. Same with your brake chambers and slack adjusters, been there and done that, still suffering physically from that brake chamber event down at Rawze's.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: For the new guys, Winter is coming, Don't be a VICTIM! - Waterloo - 10-10-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.