Volvo d16 engine
10-11-2019, (Subject: Volvo d16 engine ) 
Volvo d16 engine
I have an opportunity to buy a Volvo 880 with a d16 600hp and an 18 speed from the company I'm leased to I'm not sure on the rears I haven't gotten all of the info from them on it yet... All I know is it just had an inframe before the owner of the company I am leased to decided to go to all owner op trucks... About 2 months ago... The truck itself has about 700xxx I believe and I was just curious if anyone on here knew anything about this engine I know when volvo came out with it it had problems... The bull gears are in the rear and had problems with them shearing off I believe along with other problems... He bought the truck brand new... Speced it himself and showed me the fuel receipts the lifetime fuel mileage is in the Low 7s roughly... And he ran from to Chicago to Cali and ran it hard... It has had alot done to it new clutch at inframe along with trans being gone thru and alot other it is a very nice truck... Any advice? Any info on this engine? Is there anyone here that demansates these? He has one with dpf and one without he had them both inframed at the same time just cause... I know they have been maintained very well... He pulled 7 trucks in and had them all inframed at the same time because he knew he was gonna sell them and figured he could get more with rebuilt engines he has more money than sense it seems like... I had a guy offer to buy my truck for more than I owe on it and it is very tempting to just let it go and start fresh... Any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Volvo d16 engine - SIDE_SHOW - 10-11-2019
RE: Volvo d16 engine - Brock - 10-12-2019,
RE: Volvo d16 engine - hhow55 - 10-12-2019,
RE: Volvo d16 engine - Rawze - 10-12-2019,
RE: Volvo d16 engine - Rawze - 10-12-2019,
RE: Volvo d16 engine - tree98 - 10-12-2019,
RE: Volvo d16 engine - Unilevers - 10-13-2019,
RE: Volvo d16 engine - tree98 - 10-13-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.