In need of a new Radiator? Try these guys...
02-28-2016, (Subject: In need of a new Radiator? Try these guys... ) 
RE: In need of a new Radiator? Try these guys...
(02-27-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Be careful of after-market radiators, CAC units, and EGR coolers. they will usually cause opther problems like thermal ineffeciencies.

CAC units are known for being restrictive and causing lower that normal fuel mileage

EGR coolers are the worst. They can cause some serious problems, burned intake piping, cooked injectors, melted pistons, and a lot of other things.

I remember that write up you did on our Charge Air Coolers related to air volume and these manufacturers not having any real numbers. I should have mentioned that in my write up above, as Detroit Radiator, last time I checked could not answer those questions in regards to their CACs. If mine fails, it will be replaced with an OEM part. Same can be said regarding the write up you did on the EGR coolers. That is some valuable info, so much was lost on here.

As far as the radiator, I went with it for the specific reason that there is no plastic in the unit. The truck runs fine, temps are where they normally are, maybe just a tad cooler, but not by much, 2 - 4 degrees at most. Summer will be the real test. And, my failed radiator was the original with 850,000 miles on it.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: In need of a new Radiator? Try these guys... - Waterloo - 02-28-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.