Front cover oil leak, specialty tools needed? qsx15
08-03-2016, (Subject: Front cover oil leak, specialty tools needed? qsx15 ) 
RE: Front cover oil leak, specialty tools needed? qsx15
(08-02-2016 )Bahdan Wrote:  Is there a good way to check the bearing wear on the cams? Would an oil test tell you what shape it's in? Any special things to look for with valve cover off besides the burnt metal?
Depending on the miles/hours on your engine, if over 300,000miles, change the springs in the Jake rocker arms. It will increase the detent holding position leading to better/less wear on the Jake check valves and rocker shaft detent holes in my opinion
I did this due to worn rocker shafts that lead to a "tapping" sound because the detent hole oblonged enough to allow the Jake rocker to come out of the detent position and "bounce/tap" off the cam. I firmly believe had I known to routinely changed these springs I would not have had this issue. I was also amazed at how much it improved my Jake performance, it's a gradual degradation that is not noticeable until you complete this service.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: GOT12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Front cover oil leak, specialty tools needed? qsx15 - Hammerhead - 08-03-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.