Is the warranty really worth it?
08-05-2016, (Subject: Is the warranty really worth it? ) 
RE: Is the warranty really worth it?
(08-04-2016 )Texasdude74 Wrote:  There are certainly no guarantees when it comes to commercial trucks. I'm of the opinion that warranties are worthless on these engines, but a lot of guys wrap themselves up in that warranty certificate like a warm security blanket. It rocks their safe little world when Cummins denies their claims and their on the hook for tens of thousands of dollars.
I've personally given out Rawze and Gearheads contact info to a couple dozen guys with new 2350's. I doubt they've heard from any of them. They all want to wait until after the warranty period is over and the problems begin, then they'll deal with it. Ignorantly underestimating the havoc the soot, pressure and heat will wreak on their engine by then.

Its a great deal for the manufactures. You pay up front for most if not all the future work they will do to your engine and if for some reason you get a great engine that doesnt eat the overpayment you made for the engine they get to apply your overage to another truck. Usually there is more money in the bank than going out for parts and labor.

I dont think its dishonest to do this but these engine manufacturers knew up front they were going to replace parts and they were determined to make sure they had that covered. That being said because they seem to be judge and jury on whether or not they will cover something makes it a little self serving. The older engines had a lower failure rate but with these new engines you have to play the game different.....the way Rawze is playing it.

Wrapping yourself around the idea the warranty will cover you is a bad business model. Like my story above....a guy bought a specific warranty for a specific problem that Cummins should have covered....and did until they saw how bad the problem was. That specific warranty only covered $5000 of a $34,000 specific problem. Yup....they made out like a bandit and the warranty was on Cummoins' terms. Protect yourself and do what you have to do to keep your own engine running. Warranty does little to do this.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the warranty really worth it? - preacherboy24 - 08-05-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.