Cm871 hammering, poor thing
10-23-2020, (Subject: Cm871 hammering, poor thing ) 
RE: Cm871 hammering, poor thing UPDATE!
Update on my issues. Have been running hard past few weeks and the problem truck has been too.

Finally got it in the shop today during a rainstorm, pulled coolers (found radiator fins bent and ripped on inside along with cracked upper tank) Hortan fan clutch with rough bearing, radiator hoses and intake boots coming apart from age, and rotted radiator Support bushings.

Painted my new damper, and began removing belt pulley and damper. (Expected it to go like RAWZE in his videos). Got down to it and my John Deere super expensive damper removal tool we use on equipemnt wouldn’t work like I planned. So for the heck of it I gently pried on a bolt head of front cover and the thing moved, after wiggling it a few times it came right off no issues!
After looking it over the paint was much more faded than the engine was and I believe it to be the damper off the original engine those idiots swapped over to this reman engine?

Anyways got newly painted one on in the right spot and proper torque spec and fired it up. 100% solved my hammering and vibration issues. UNreal how smooth it idled and sounded.

Went on to pull valve cover, ran the overhead (was out pretty good) but noticed some scoring on cam rollers on driver side of head. My mechanic and I agreed it was light and not what you would call flaking. The cam under them looked better but we could find some light scoring on them as well.
What to do about this??? Should I take good pics (can’t seem to get anything to upload on this forum) and put lid back on it and check it At next oil change? Or since coolers and fan clutch will be off, should we go ahead and put a cam and rollers in it?? This truck will not see many miles and we keep good oil and filters changed often. I will follow the advice of this forum on what to do about cam and rollers and where to purchase parts.

Working on getting inline 6, insite 7.6, and teamviewer up and going on laptop to send RAWZE and copy of file. Thanks Waterloo for reaching out to me with MM tune! Planning on doing a demandate once we get new radiator, all new hoses, and new fan hub installed.

THANK YOU guys, always fun when you research, find the problems, and actually fix it!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm871 hammering, poor thing UPDATE! - txfarmer - 10-23-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.