Cummins ISX shutting down
11-22-2021, (Subject: Cummins ISX shutting down ) 
RE: Cummins ISX shutting down
(11-22-2021 )airdrop54 Wrote:  I let the engine run at low speed and at 1300 rpm
Taped on top of ecm didn't stumble or shut off.
Gone look at the main power and ground wires again might have missed something.

CM871 random death syndrome is very common on that model ECM as they get more than 8+ years old.. or if it is used.. or a non-certified reman. They get bad connections inside them to some components and flake out / engine dies randomly. Mostly caused by no one changing the crank shaft damper when it is due (at 500k miles max) ... and engine has excess vibration all the damn time. That or some other neglect (fuel system, injectors, poorly-reading sensors, etc.) where it suffers a lot of engine vibration.

Smack the top of the ecm hard enough to almost dent the casing while its idling. Tapping it with a screw-driver is not enough to check it. ... It takes a damned decent whack to the top top of it straight downwards onto the top edge (almost enough to dent the damn thing) to check one ... It is a REALLY COMMON ISSUE with the CM871 ecm's to get flaky just like you described in your first post. They randomly shut off with no codes except the sometimes the 1117 fault. Sometimes it will not do it till engine / ecm is warmed up good.

Here is a related post to follow thru some links on: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid65089

==========

NEXT> would be the ecm program.. if it is de-mandated.. make a copy of the program using the Ca%lterm software and e-mail me a copy of the program so that it can be properly reviewed.. Otherwise you could very well be driving a ticking time bomb of a program eating the guts out of the engine slowly over time.. more than 90%+ of all ecm "custom / delte" programming is beyond horribly destructive to these engines.. and it has nothing to do with "how it feels" or "how much power"... it is bad fuel-air mix, wrong engine modes, improper engine / turbo operations, improper injection timing, etc.. that severely shortens their life / causes turbo or head gasket failures, fretted liners, cracked head or pistons, etc... without you even feeling it until its far too late.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cummins ISX shutting down - Rawze - 11-22-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.