2012 Isx 2350 475 with codes 4726 and 0559
03-04-2022, (Subject: 2012 Isx 2350 475 with codes 4726 and 0559 ) 
RE: 2012 Isx 2350 475 with codes 4726 and 0559
(03-03-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  just my thoughts...

It is not normal for 5 injectors to fail ike that. usually maybe one .. perhaps 2 by the time you catch a leaky injector.. but for 5 of them to be bad.. that is either engine abuse.. bad de-mandate programming perhaps.. or some kind of serious neglect.

I will go with the serious neglect in this case likely. My company bought out a company and adopted all of the old equipment from that company. I used to work for that old company and can tell you for certain that the owners had no idea how to keep a fleet moving. I remember having a fuel pump issue with one truck before and had to argue with the maintenance manager for the company just to be able to order the correct parts. It had the ceramic style plungers and they were broken. It was a fight just to get them to buy a new head. They didn't want to hear about how there is a total teardown style cleaning process because of that ceramic getting in to the motor. *shrug*

The last year before they sold the company was a "band-aid the problem and put it back on the road" kind of situation. I'm talking stuff like a head was leaking between itself and the block to the outside. Like coolant would come out as you watched. The owners said, and this is no lie, said, "Just cover it in silicone and put it back on the road." My shop manager at the time put his foot down and said no. Either we fix it right, or you can take it back down to Oregon and do with it what you wish.

The Oregon terminal sent us a spare truck for a driver and told us it was good to go, no issues. We had to tow it off of the trailer. The dpf was so restricted that it caused an overload of backpressure and blew both turbos (c15 acert with the compound turbos). The primary turbo threw turbine blades thru the charge air cooler and destroyed it. Water pump was leaking, or would have been except they used jb weld to fill the weep hole. The dpf was backed up because their version of aftertreatment maintenance was to pull the dpf out and blow it out with air and then re install it.

My company bought them and immediately had to do full in-frames on 3 trucks with 2 of those having to have the heads replaced. I had left the previous company before the buyout and then got hired on with the new company about a year and a half after the buyout. I'm still finding stuff that is holdovers from then.

As a company in Oregon and Washington, we can't have a de-mandated vehicle in our fleet. Last I checked, if we have even just ONE de-mandated truck, we get fined something like 10k per truck in the fleet. Not just the one, all of them.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2012 Isx 2350 475 with codes 4726 and 0559 - ahrenbenjudah - 03-04-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.